Orientation Day for New Toddler and Casa Students is September 4th
Welcoming all new students for a classroom visit and to meet the Teachers.
PREPARING FOR THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL: Please see the link below for information on preparing your Casa child for the first day of school.
Adjusting to new environments can take time. Here is a great article about the ‘honeymoon period’ and tips for what to expect over the next few weeks as children experience school for the first time.
On Wednesday September 4th, Dearcroft students are invited to enjoy some outdoor fun at Lawson Park before school officially begins.
Not able to join us?
Our next afternoon playdate will be happening on October 3rd, 2019
3:45 pm – 5:00 pm
we want to encourage all of our new and returning families to come out to the park and enjoy some outdoor fun!
We hope that you can join us!
Dearcroft Montessori After School Program Coordinator Job Summary Established in 1968, Dearcroft is Oakville’s original Montessori school and the first in our community to offer a comprehensive Junior High (Grade 7/8) program since 1999. Now operating for 50 years, we offer a full toddler (18 months) to Grade 8 program. Dearcroft is a fully accredited charter member of CCMA (Canadian Council of Montessori Administrators) and O.I.S. (Oakville Independent Schools). Dearcroft Montessori School’s mission is to provide our students with the opportunity to develop and nurture their individual academic and social strengths in a safe and motivational learning environment. Within classically structured and fully equipped Montessori classrooms, immersed in a naturally inspired setting, our students experience an exciting, well balanced curriculum.
Dearcroft Montessori school is looking for an experienced, organized, and responsible person to coordinate the After School Program, where children experience play-based care in a safe environment. Our After School Program begins at 3:30 pm until. 6:00 pm, Monday to Friday throughout the school year.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Ability to work within a collaborative team environment
- Possess strong leadership and organizational skills
- Effective classroom management skills, positive attitude, team player
- Responsible and able to work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication
- Experience developing and implementing programs for multiage students
- Experience working in collaborative Montessori environment preferred
Experience and Qualifications:
The successful candidate must demonstrate experience:
- Working with children (aged 18 months through to 12 yrs old).
- Leading organized activities, such as arts, crafts or games and engaging children in play-based learning environment.
- Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and providing opportunities to express creativity.
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Maintain guidelines for behaviour.
- Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, safety and well-being of children.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children.
- Assess the abilities, interest and needs of children and discuss progress or concerns with parents and other staff members. Requirements:
- Registered Early Childhood Educator (certified): 1 year preferred
- Policy Vulnerable Safety Check • Valid First Aid/CPR (with Infant training & AED)
- Up to date Immunization Start Date: September 5, 2019
Job Type: Part-time (12-13 hrs/wk)
Salary: Negotiable based on experience and credentials
Resumes should be forwarded to Catherine DeBorba at email@example.com
Dearcroft is pleased to showcase the new Casa uniforms for 2019 / 2020.
Did you know that our third level #Casa #uniform requirements have changed for 2019?
The new Dearcroft uniform requirements for 3rd year Casa students (age 5 only): Coolmax gym short, Dearcroft crested dry-fit T-shirt, slim sweatpant, APTUS full-zip jacket or 1/4 zip sweat top (depending on size required), white socks, non-marking gym shoes.
** Note the 1/4 zip sweat top is available in smaller sizes than the APTUS full-zip jacket and therefore either option is acceptable for the Casa uniform.
Dearcroft Montessori School uniform can be found at InSchoolwear, located at 886 Sinclair Road, Oakville (905-338-3030). Orders may also be made on-line at www.inschoolwear.com. (note – school code is “dems”)
Open House Date:
Saturday, October 26th 2019
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m
CANADA’S LEADER IN ELEMENTARY EXPERIENTIAL EDUCATION.
Dearcroft is Oakville’s original Montessori School since 1968. With enriched programming, small class sizes, and a low student-to-teacher ratio, it is tailored to meet the needs of each student aged 18 months to 13. In affiliation with Dearcroft, West Wind Junior High Program is celebrating 20 years of
leadership and innovation. West Wind Junior High offers an academically rigorous program that encourages independence, interaction and leadership with an strong emphasis on environmental and peace education.
TODDLER TO GRADE 8
COME EXPERIENCE AN OAKVILLE TRADITION WITH A NATIONAL REPUTATION FOR EXCELLENCE.
Celebrating over 50 years… Dearcroft Montessori was established in 1968 and has remained family owned and operated throughout its history by a team of dedicated Montessori educators.
As Oakville’s original Montessori School and the third oldest Independent school in our community, Dearcroft is CCMA accredited and a founding member of the Oakville Independent Schools. Our nurturing, highly dedicated staff take great pride in providing a naturally beautiful, warm and engaging learning environment for our students.
We look forward to meeting you on our campus at our Open House… Saturday, October 26th, 2019.
Come see why Dearcroft is your Natural Choice.