Join us for a Casa Math Curriculum Information Session
Wednesday, September 18th, 2019
2:15 p.m.- 3:15 p.m.
Mrs. Campbell, Director of Programming, along with Casa and Toddler teaching staff, will be hosting Casa Curriculum Sessions for Dearcroft parents in order to provide more information on the Montessori approach to the core curriculum areas in our Casa program.
Did you know, during the Casa years, your child has entered the motor sensorial period of development? The hand is the instrument of the brain, and it is the means by which the child is aspired to work. The child’s preparation will have been so thorough that the child will avoid the unnecessary barriers, which so many of us have met and so often been unable to surmount. At this point in development, the child will know that everything has a basic order, that they must be precise, classify, concentrate, and make sound judgements, which is a mark of the intelligent superior mind.
This important information is why we are inviting you to attend our Casa Curriculum Session on Math – to find out how math is taught in a Montessori environment and why it works. Find out how your child’s mastery makes their approach to math positive. Come find out how Montessori math is different from other traditional schools.
The first of three sessions will be held on Wednesday, September 18th from 2:15 to 3:15 pm.
Please mark in your calendars all three Casa Curriculum Sessions:
1. Wednesday, September 18th – Math
2. Wednesday, October 2nd – Language/Culture
3. Wednesday, October 16th – Practical Life/Sensorial/Developmental Milestones
If you haven’t already, please confirm your attendance with Susanne Homer (firstname.lastname@example.org) at your earliest convenience. We hope to see you there!
You’re invited to our ‘Next Level’ Night
Come and experience Oakville’s original Montessori School, celebrating over 50 years of leadership and innovation. Our campus is situated on a beautiful, historic two-acre property, within walking distance of downtown Oakville.
We are inviting families to come discover why Dearcroft and West Wind Montessori is your Natural Choice, join us on Thursday November 7th, 2019 from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. to find out more information about what Dearcroft and West Wind Montessori have to offer your family.
This informative evening is about all levels from Toddlers to Grade 8 will be held at the main building 1167 Lakeshore Road East, for Parents of Dearcroft Montessori and parents who are interested in attending Dearcroft. This is a “must” attend event, that will empower you, we welcome any of your questions.
A Montessori education, due to its unique ability to identify and nurture individual strengths, does a remarkable job of creating graduates who go on to change the world. The founders of Google, Amazon and Wikipedia are fine examples of innovative, creative and fearless entrepreneurs who started their academic journeys in Montessori classrooms. They never stopped learning and continue to push boundaries… creating exciting new paradigms within their chosen fields. Their business cultures are outstanding examples of meaningful change and as individuals they have emerged as world ambassadors of inspired leadership.
Please rsvp to email@example.com
We were so delighted to see all the happy faces of our students light up the hallway of Dearcroft Montessori School on their very first day back since Summer vacation!
We asked our Senior friends from Churchill place if they had any back to school words of wisdom and these are their messages.
Orientation Day for New Toddler and Casa Students is September 4th
Welcoming all new students for a classroom visit and to meet the Teachers.
PREPARING FOR THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL: Please see the link below for information on preparing your Casa child for the first day of school.
Adjusting to new environments can take time. Here is a great article about the ‘honeymoon period’ and tips for what to expect over the next few weeks as children experience school for the first time.
On Wednesday September 4th, Dearcroft students are invited to enjoy some outdoor fun at Lawson Park before school officially begins.
Not able to join us?
Our next afternoon playdate will be happening on October 3rd, 2019
3:45 pm – 5:00 pm
we want to encourage all of our new and returning families to come out to the park and enjoy some outdoor fun!
We hope that you can join us!
Dearcroft Montessori After School Program Coordinator Job Summary Established in 1968, Dearcroft is Oakville’s original Montessori school and the first in our community to offer a comprehensive Junior High (Grade 7/8) program since 1999. Now operating for 50 years, we offer a full toddler (18 months) to Grade 8 program. Dearcroft is a fully accredited charter member of CCMA (Canadian Council of Montessori Administrators) and O.I.S. (Oakville Independent Schools). Dearcroft Montessori School’s mission is to provide our students with the opportunity to develop and nurture their individual academic and social strengths in a safe and motivational learning environment. Within classically structured and fully equipped Montessori classrooms, immersed in a naturally inspired setting, our students experience an exciting, well balanced curriculum.
Dearcroft Montessori school is looking for an experienced, organized, and responsible person to coordinate the After School Program, where children experience play-based care in a safe environment. Our After School Program begins at 3:30 pm until. 6:00 pm, Monday to Friday throughout the school year.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Ability to work within a collaborative team environment
- Possess strong leadership and organizational skills
- Effective classroom management skills, positive attitude, team player
- Responsible and able to work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication
- Experience developing and implementing programs for multiage students
- Experience working in collaborative Montessori environment preferred
Experience and Qualifications:
The successful candidate must demonstrate experience:
- Working with children (aged 18 months through to 12 yrs old).
- Leading organized activities, such as arts, crafts or games and engaging children in play-based learning environment.
- Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and providing opportunities to express creativity.
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Maintain guidelines for behaviour.
- Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, safety and well-being of children.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children.
- Assess the abilities, interest and needs of children and discuss progress or concerns with parents and other staff members. Requirements:
- Registered Early Childhood Educator (certified): 1 year preferred
- Policy Vulnerable Safety Check • Valid First Aid/CPR (with Infant training & AED)
- Up to date Immunization Start Date: September 5, 2019
Job Type: Part-time (12-13 hrs/wk)
Salary: Negotiable based on experience and credentials
Resumes should be forwarded to Catherine DeBorba at firstname.lastname@example.org