* Toddler Program starting in September 2015.
Nearly 45 years of operation under the direction of two generations of the Phippen family has seen Dearcroft evolve into a school of approximately 170 children operating on the Casa (Preschool), Elementary and Junior High levels. Since 1968, Dearcroft, Oakville’s original Montessori School has developed a national reputation for academic excellence. Our family-oriented setting, provides your child with a nurturing environment ensuring social, emotional and academic growth.
The school provides a favourable student/teacher ratio with support staff for specialty areas (such as access to computers). Student progress is carefully tracked by teachers and is regularly reported to parents.
As a valued member of our school community, your child will be encouraged to develop friendships and learning skills to last a lifetime. He/she will experience…
- A national award winning curriculum
- Bright, spacious, naturally lit classrooms with panaromic views of a beautifully wooded and historic estate property
- Fully qualified, experienced Montessori teachers with an optimal teacher/student ratio
- An intensive focus on the Great Lakes / Canadian Heritage River curriculum
- Enriched French, computer technology and music programs
- An extensive physical education program and an annual winter trip
- Incredible outdoor education
- First Nations studies and a special emphasis on the Group of Seven
- Indoor and outdoor performing art stages
- Model United Nations program with a trip to NY City
- After school activities, clubs, lunch program, before/after school care
- Travel opportunities
Before & After Care Program
Before care from 8:00 a.m. and after care until 6:00 p.m. (additional fees applicable)
The greatest sign of success for a teacher is to be able to say, “The children are now working as if I did not exist.”