Further to the announcement today by the Ontario Government for all publicly funded schools in Ontario to close, Dearcroft will also be closed for the two weeks following the March Break, from March 23rd to April 5th inclusive.
We request all staff and families who are currently travelling to continue to follow protocols as directed by Halton Region Health and monitor health for any signs and symptoms. Anyone with signs or symptoms of COVID-19 should seek medical advice by healthcare professionals. If diagnosed with COVID-19, a doctor’s clearance note will be required before returning to school.
For families currently travelling, please note that we request you adhere to the 14 days of isolation upon your return to Canada, which may mean later than the date of April 5th!
Upon our return to school, the following protocols, but not limited to, will be implemented:
1. All students and staff will be required to follow regular hand washing routines – stations in each classroom
2. Students will be given lessons in proper hand washing technique (ie: minimum of 20 seconds etc.)
3. Hand sanitizers are located in each classroom
4. Increased cleaning and sanitizing of all surfaces and materials will be conducted to include high-touch areas such as door knobs, light switches etc.
5. Children or adults with symptoms of cold, cough, fever or flu like symptoms must stay home and be cleared by health professional before returning to school.
Protocols will continue to be implemented before and upon our return with student health in mind, and will be communicated as required.
It has been suggested by a health care professional that when your child returns home from school, they should wash their hands and all clothing should be removed and washed, as well as regular cleaning of home surfaces and toys.
We appreciate that there will likely be more questions and we will do our best to communicate answers to you as soon as we can. We appreciate your patience during this time, as our initial and top priority at the moment is everyone’s health and safety. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and put in place all necessary safety precautions for everyone’s return.
Catherine DeBorba & Gordon Phippen