Each level held their own information session and gave insight into what to students and parents can expect this year.
There are five areas within our classroom.
- Practical Life: The child will be practicing daily living tasks to develop independence, focus, concentration, a sense of order and their pincer grip for writing.
- Sensorial: The child will be learning to compare and contrast by colour, shape, size, sound and dimension.
- Math: The child will be developing an understanding of the quantity and corresponding symbol from 0-9, teens, tens, decimal system (operations addition, multiplication, subtraction and division) and memorization of math facts over the 3 years in Casa.
- Language: The child will be learning the phonetic sounds letters make and develop an understanding that words are made up of sounds. They will start cursive and create stories over the 3 years in Casa.
- Culture: The child will explore the world around them through geography, history, art, zoology and science.
Goals of the Casa Program:
- Grace and Courtesy
- Each child to develop their ability to listen and follow directions, focus, and lengthen their concentration.
- For each child to think for themselves; become a problem solver.